How are you engaging your customers when they call you?
Today's sales cycle is very competitive and aggressive. Companies spend small fortunes getting customers interested in calling their business but unless they have effective advertising on hold, customers will not learn what your company can do. Research has shown that effective advertising on hold works.
• On average 7 out of 10 business callers are placed on-hold. - Inbound/Outbound
• 94% of all marketing budgets are spent on inducing a customer to call, while only 6% is spent on handling the call once it is received." - Inbound Telephone Call Center
• 88% of callers preferred on-hold messages to other hold options, and 16 - 20% made a purchase based on an on-hold offer. - Stan Rapp and Tom Collins of Maximarketing
• Jefferson Denneandrus, a research firm, found when callers were presented with On Hold Messaging versus silence or a radio commercial they would stay on hold longer, they were more likely to exhibit interest in the product advertised, they were more likely to retain information, and they were less agitated.
• Callers stay on the line up to 25% longer when provided with On Hold Messaging versus "dead air" or "background music," and up to 17% longer than radio. - Infomax, Inc.
Did you know that if you are just playing a radio or CD for your on hold music you are subject to fines and penalties from the FCC, ASCAP and BMI? In this manner, you are re-broadcasting copyrighted material without paying your fees to the right associations thus putting your company in jeopardy. This can total up to thousands of dollars per day the violation is active.
On hold advertising keeps your customers informed of your products and services as well as keeping your business in compliance.
If you would like to learn more, you can get more information here.